Saturday 1 November 2014

THE ORANGE DRESS (PART 1)

It was 10 of September. I was hesitant but anyhow expressed my desire to her to accompany her in her shopping trek. She knew she needed help and gladly validated my proffer. Out of a thanksgiving or a formality or just out of happiness, I don’t know but she hugged me, a hug that departed me to an abstract world of reveries of freaking but delightful feelings, a hug that appeased my wailing heart. My heart, which I knew had dried up of all hope and happiness, was suddenly recuperated and it thumped harder than drums as if wanting to jump out and dance like a lunatic.

We set out together. My heart wanted to roam with hers on my bike and just when I was directed by my stupid brain to take out the car, came from her a voice , “ we are going on bike, right ? “ and I just managed to say, yes. So, two hearts rolled on two wheels inside bustling markets, through jammed roads and over abrupt speed breakers. I kept a track of every expression of hers, everyone one of them caressing my heart more and I felt more and more happy about her. We barged in many shops and hurried out of many and I kept wondering if any attire could embellish her flaring beauty anymore. Finally, we grounded ourselves to a showroom of some acquaintance of hers. She faked many dresses on herself, discarded many more. I was mum all the time dwindling up every emotion of mine but when that orange attire decorated her, I blabbered out. “This one is for you”. She didn’t muse over much and ordered the orange one and hugged me again. I was stoic this time. Well protected in a rectangular box with the tagline, “dressing up two hearts “, came her wedding dress. I was satisfied albeit my heart withered.

No comments:

Post a Comment